CHH&MH University (CHH&MH-U)!
Our goal is to match and schedule a minimum of 20 applicants per month. That target would cost this organization $15,000 at $75 per session as we offer 10 per partial scholarship. We're currently working on clearing our wai
Our Application Form has been closed. We are currently working through a wait list of 22 people who have patiently waited to start their 10 sessions through this program. We would like to serve these people appropriately in order to start their healing journey with as much support as we can give. We thank you for your patience and we look forward to opening the application soon.
We hope to re-open the application on June 1st, but only if we've matched previous applicants. Those who urgently need therapy and not an emergency are encouraged to reach out to us. If you are currently experiencing suicidal thoughts or behavior, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255) or 911.
Our CHHAMH-U Program aims to remove the financial, systemic and emotional barriers to help make therapy more easily accessible for the Black residents of Chicago. This program is funded by way of our coffee shop model and various donations. This is how we bridge the gap between community and therapists, through this scholarship fund that covers group and individual therapy costs to help those suffering with unresolved trauma, depression and anxiety.
- This scholarship is intended for those who may not otherwise be able to meet the costs of therapy on their own.
- With our Partial Scholarship program, you will receive 10 free therapy sessions with one of our trusted licensed therapist partners. The full terms are:
- Your first two sessions are for intake and assessment purposes.
- Take your time and try your best to enjoy the other 8 sessions.
- Use your 8th session to access if you need to further the therapy experience.
- If applicants miss two sessions without an attempt to communicate or reschedule, you will forfeit your scholarship.
- Please note: That your intake form is for internal purposes only and will not be shared publicly.
- If you have any questions and/or concerns about the process, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We, (CHHAMH) are not professional mental health specialists. We advocate for better mental health in black communities in Chicago and across the globe.
- If you are currently experiencing suicidal thoughts or behavior, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255) or 911.